South Texas College of Law, J.D. (1990)
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Mr. Hughes received a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from South Texas College of Law in 1990, where he was a member of the South Texas Law Review and Order of the Lytae. He worked as a briefing attorney for Justice James A. Baker, 5th District Court of Appeals at Dallas. Mr. Hughes joined the firm in 1992 and is licensed to practice before all Texas State Courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. He represents health care industry clients in litigation, non-litigation, and compliance matters. His practice areas include health law, professional liability and litigation. He is a member of the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (TBLS) Health Law Advisory Commission, Defense Research Institute, American Health Law Association, American Bar Association and State Bar of Texas Litigation and Health Law sections and is a former TBLS Health Law Exam Commission member and Health Law Exam Commission Chair. Mr. Hughes is a Texas Bar Foundation Fellow, and he serves as a member of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission’s Texas Medical Disclosure Panel (TMDP) established by § 74.102 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code. Mr. Hughes is also a member of the State Bar of Texas Committee on Pattern Jury Charges (Red Book) for Malpractice, Premises and Products from 2021 through 2024.
Mr. Hughes is Board Certified in Health Law as well as Personal Injury Trial Law.
- Board Certified, Health Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Texas Board of Legal Specialization (TBLS) Health Law Advisory Commission
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, American Health Law Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Texas Health and Human Services Commission’s Texas Medical Disclosure Panel
- Member, DRI
- Member, State Bar of Texas Committee on Pattern Jury Charges (Red Book) for Malpractice, Premises and Products
How can we help? Contact Us
Located in Harlingen, Texas, in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley, we represent insurance companies, health care providers, businesses, governmental entities, and individuals across South Texas and throughout the Coastal Bend area.
To schedule an appointment with our attorneys contact our office.