The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. (1977)
State Bar of Texas
US Supreme Court Fifth Circuit
Court of Appeals Texas
Southern District/ Bankruptcy Court
Roger W. Hughes
Mr. Hughes joined the firm in December 1981. He graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in May, 1977. He served as a Captain in the United States Army, JAGC from 1977-1981. Mr. Hughes does appellate and trial work in a variety of litigation, including products liability, professional malpractice, insurance coverage, construction and civil rights.
Mr. Hughes is board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Civil Appellate Law and has handled over 100 cases in various appellate courts, including the Texas Supreme Court. He is a member of the Texas Supreme Court Advisory Committee and the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers. He also chairs Texas Association of Defense Counsel’s amicus curiae committee. He served as the Cameron County Bar Association President for 2007-2008. He has been named a “Super Lawyer” by Texas Monthly magazine.
- Board Certified, Civil Appellate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Named Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters, as published in Texas Monthly Magazine, 2004-21
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Texas Supreme Court Advisory Committee (2010 – Present)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation (2004 – Present)
- Fellow, College of the State Bar of Texas (1996 – Present)
- Member, American Academy of Appellate Lawyers
- Member, Cameron County Bar Association
- Member, DRI
How can we help? Contact Us
Located in Harlingen, Texas, in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley, we represent insurance companies, health care providers, businesses, governmental entities, and individuals across South Texas and throughout the Coastal Bend area.
To schedule an appointment with our attorneys contact our office.